Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fun Facts

As you know Landen turned one a week ago.  Well, this past week I took him to see Dr. Bailey for his 12 month check up.  When they gave me Landen's growth charts, I just laughed because he is such a big boy!  He is in the 99th percentile for Height, 58th for weight, and his head is in 69th percentile!  He is seriously a tanker!  He is wearing size 18 month clothes and some are even on the small side.  He loves, loves, loves to eat.  He absolutely loves my meatballs or meatloaf, broccoli, spaghetti,  and chicken enchiladas!  I am so sad to say, but I think it is time for his 1st haircut.  I took him for his 1 year pics and when I saw them, I laughed because the curls in the back were hanging down like little girl hair.  It will be hard to cut the curls.

As for Marley, her little imagination has really taken off the last couple of months.  She has a whole list of imaginary friends.  One is Kristen (coincidentally, my sister too)!  Marley refers to her right side as Kristen.  Marley will "share" things with Kristen, fight over toys with Kristen, it is so funny.  We were at the grocery store and she got a scratch on her right hand and she was crying so hard and when she finally was able to tell me what was wrong, she said, "mommy, Kristen got an owie!"  Marley had a real life friend who recently moved away, her name was Micole.  Marley talks and plays with Micole all the time still.  Some days I even have to set an extra plate at lunch for Micole.  The latest one Marley has come up with and the funniest one yet is "Mr. Grinch".  Okay so do you remember at Christmas time when I blogged about Marley watching The Grinch ALL the time?  And then she wanted a green present for Christmas?  Well, Mr. Grinch is with her almost all the time now.  She walks around holding her fist out like she is holding his hand.  We were at the playground the other day and Mr. Grinch was going down the slide with Marley.  She had to buckle his seat belt in the car the other day!  I am loving her imagination and I am really really enjoying playing along.  

3 comments:

Kanien said...

How Cute. I agree with you. It is fun to play along with our kids imaginations. Marcella's imaginary friends are starting to speak different languages (she even makes up the language.) They sure are fun.

Kaci Griffin said...

It's so fun to catch up with you guys from time to time. I want to invite you to see our blog but I need your email address to add you to my list. Can you guys email me at kacigriffin@gmail.com and give me your email so that you can view our blog!

Nicolle said...

Ok the pict of Marley in her panties is hilarious! She is so funny!! Is Landen already 1, wow I think it might be time to have another :)